Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Current obsessions: Pixlr, dead bugs, and the Brandy Melville July lookbook.




Lace sweater: LilyWhite ♥ vintage bag: Rosetti ♥ Dany platform shoes:
Jessica Simpson ♥ DIY cutoff shorts ♥ chain necklace borrowed from my mom

Finally got around to wearing the amazing lace sweater my mom got me on a recent trip to Haight & Ashbury in SF. Surprisingly, parking was easy to find for once, and after dropping by Loved to Death; I've also decided that I want to start collecting preserved bugs. Mostly butterflies and moths, but perhaps a few cool-looking beetles too.

Anyway! I am currently super obsessed with three things.

1. Pixlr.

I don't have a smart phone, just a blackberry-looking thing. That being said, I've been driving myself crazy over the fact that I can't use instagram, especially when I'm working on shoots/sets; I've been wanting to share more with you guys on what goes on behind-the-scenes. (I've previously had to snag whatever photos I could from Ashlee and Ericka's instagram accounts lol) Instead, I've been (obsessively) using this wonderful little site called Pixlr that lets you upload from facebook or the web and edit your photos with all these cool filters and effects and what have you. If you're a friend on facebook, then you've been witness to me editing and uploading like a mad woman (seriously, I think I have a problem) and you can definitely expect to see more behind-the-scenes photoshoot content now that I have this nifty little app on FB : )

2. Pretty dead bugs preserved in pretty glass cases.

Tumblr_m3q6svcqd71qc96lqo1_1280_large
Tumblr_m3t9j1ifbf1qcaxtto1_400_large
Tumblr_m6yp27jx0a1rov0c9o1_500_large

I love the way they look, splayed out and labelled. There's something very avant-garde about them, and I'll admit, a bit morbid, but morbidly beautiful if anything.

3. the Brandy Melville July lookbook.


I love the fun, carefree story here, and the summertime inspiration. The whole thing makes me want to drive down to SC with the best gal pal and play along the boardwalk, not to mention to buy everything in the store right meow. (And if I had a big enough bank account, believe me I would! Lol!)

Yep. These are a few of my favorite things.

- Kailee


Photo credits:  Brandy Melville USA, We Heart It

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kailee, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! Love yours as well, so I'm definately returning the favour! the lookbook is fucking adorable!!!

    xoxo, Jacqueline

    Mannequin de Vitrine

    ReplyDelete